Here is our third spice blend which will be used for the accompanying side dish. It contains cumin seeds which on top of being used as a spice, have been used commonly in traditional medicine. Below are some of the potential health benefits of these seeds:
1. Cumin seeds are the dried fruits of a herb plant that is a member of the parsley family.
2. It has been used as a spice for thousands of years and originated in the Eastern Mediterranean.
3. Ancient Greeks had it sitting on their dining tables while the ancient Egyptians used cumin during mummification.
4. It has numerous potential health benefits with studies suggesting it could play a part in reduced cholesterol, promote weight loss and promote digestion.
5. It is one of the most popular spices in the world!